This year has brought a great set of games, but what’s in store for the end of 2019? According to the latest gaming news, it might be hard to choose just one. These games look so good, you’ll want to try them all. Here’s the rundown on the top releases for you.
Games to Close Out 2019
A plethora of original games and classic remakes are coming out for all consoles during the last of the year. Some of the most anticipated new games include:
- Pokémon: Sword and Shield: With a release in mid-November, the new Pokémon game is heavily anticipated. Although it’s a part of the Pokémon mainline games, it’s the first to be on a different console than the Gameboy.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order: Another mid-November release, there’s a lot of hype building around this new Star Wars video game. The game, developed by Apex creators, is sure to delight all fans of Star Wars.
- World of Warcraft: Classic: Many WoW players have talked about the golden days of World of Warcraft. That was back before they released any DLCs. Thankfully, Blizzard is giving them just what they want with the release of WoW: Classic.
- Borderlands 3: Another hugely anticipated game is Borderlands 3. Fans have been biting their fingernails since we completing Borderlands 2.
- CoD: Modern Warfare: This is the most pre-ordered game for the second half of 2019. With such a following, it’s hard to see why this game wouldn’t be in that position.
Gaming News: Oldies But Goodies
There are so many great older games coming out at the end of 2019. Here are the ones receiving a lot of updated love from new and old players:
- Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2: It’s been a long time since the release of Baldur’s Gate 2. With the announcement of Baldur’s Gate 3, it’s no surprise there is going to be remade versions of 1 and 2. They are set to come out as a bundled enhanced edition in October.
- Final Fantasy VIII: Square-Enix is at it again with another remake of the series. How could they not remake this classic on the new system? It promises to inspire a new generation and re-entertain those who’ve been there before.
- Neverwinter Nights: Originally released on PC in 2002, it seems the D&D worlds are getting some new attention. This gem comes back out in December.
- Link’s Awakening: One of the most favored The Legend of Zelda games, Link’s Awakening, is getting a complete revamp for the Nintendo Switch. So far, it looks marvelous.
- World of Warcraft: Classic: As mentioned above, this classic game is going to give old and new players what they love about WoW.
Consoles Making Gaming News
They have announced the release of Sony’s new PlayStation 5 and Microsoft’s Project Scarlett. By the end of this year, you will know the details of the new consoles. Soon, you’ll see if they will excel above their predecessors.